Wellness Center - Wellness hotel
Facilities for relaxation and well-being
Wellness, fitness, wellness, Have become terms that have been abused in recent years and often used as synonyms.
For some authors, well-being for an individual is its condition with respect to its ability to adapt to the environment.
The "adaptative" key introduces the concept of balance, according to which health is not a "state" but a dynamic equilibrium condition, based on the ability of the subject to interact with the environment in a positive way, albeit in continuous change Of the surrounding reality.
Following this new concept of well-being were introduced two terms: fitness and wellness.
The concept of fitness is born as a remedy to a life pattern that progress has given us sedentary and rich in saturated fat.
But the term that is quickly gaining a space in the daily lexicon and more than one part is used as a synonym for wellness is wellness, which represents an evolution of the concept of fitness.
In fact, the English term "wellness"Is coined in 1961 by Halbert Dunn by the combination of two terms"wellbeing"And"fitness.
Today Wellness is a term that means "a new lifestyle for psycho-physical well-being aimed at improving the quality of life through education to regular physical activity, balanced nutrition and a positive mental approach.
It means choosing to live well by combining the ancient adage "healthy mens in healthy body".
Wellness means well-being obtained with a healthy lifestyle, aiming at the harmony of body, mind and soul.
In fact, many authors define wellness as a psychological state rather than physical.
Among others Puczkò and Bacharov define 7 dimensions of well-being:
- 1. Social wellness, A process that tends to improve social relationships with people with whom we are confronted in different contexts: family, friendships, work, etc.
- 2. Physical wellness, A process designed to maintain a fit body through the right balance of elements such as regular exercise, minimal use of caffeine and alcohol, the right amount of sleep;
- 3. Emotional wellness, Is the process that helps to establish positive emotions and face acceptance of oneself as a person;
- 4. Wellness intellect, Is a process that intervenes on a mental and intellectual level in order to improve the understanding and acceptance of particular situations;
- 5. Environmental wellness, Is the contribution that sustains the quality of life and the places where it lives: waste recycling, energy saving, support for the least environmental impact;
- 6. Spiritual wellness, Tends to prove the value of one's own person through behavior and facts that can send positive signals to others;
- 7. Professional wellness, Is to maintain the right and proper relationship with your work so that it is balanced with other aspects of life, more related to play and self-care.
As highlighted, the concept of well-being involves more dimensions.
We talk about wellness research in different contexts, but in particular, the pursuit of well-being is emphasized in free time.
Holiday is an important time to look for a lifestyle that contributes to the well-being of the person.
From this increasingly widespread need to devote their free time to the practice of wellness-related activities derives the birth and development of the "Wellness tourism"(Wellness tourism).
The Italian text is taken from:
- Wellness tourism survey - Umbria region
Some options for your holiday
Found 1026 Wellness / Wellness hotels in Italy
Logge del Perugino
Wellness Hotel & RestaurantCittà della Pieve PG
- viale Cappuccini, 7
Located in a former noble mansion surrounded by a garden with swimming pool, the Logge del Perugino is just 300 meters from the Monastery of Santa ...
Hotel La Nuova Montanina
Hotels, spa & RestaurantAuronzo di Cadore BL
- via Monti, 3
Located Auronzo, just 100 meters from a bus to Cortina in the summer and the ski slopes of Mount Agodo in winter, La ...
Il Baio Relais & Natural Spa
Wellness Hotel with swimming pools and restaurantSpoleto PG
- Località Camporoppolo
If you want somewhere to relax and reconnect with nature, Il Baio, in the heart of Umbria, is right up your alley. You can enjoy ...
Spa hotel & RestaurantSaint-Vincent AO
- Piazza Cavalieri di Vittorio Veneto, 3
With views of the surrounding mountains, enjoy an elegant 3 stars Bijou is located in a quiet location in the square in a pedestrian area, ...
Grand Hotel Salerno
Hotel with spa and swimming pool - RestaurantSalerno SA
- Lungomare Clemente Tafuri, 1
Set on the Amalfi Coast, 8-minute walk from the railway station of Salerno, in 3 km from the port, this large hotel and wellness center ...
Le Camp Resort & Spa
Spa hotelPadova PD
- Via Giovanni Anghinoni, 10
Staying in the heart of Padua, just 50 meters from the famous "Caffè Pedrocchi", the complex Le Camp Resort & Spa offers ...
Baglioni Hotel Regina
Luxury hotel with spa - RestaurantRoma
- Via Vittorio Veneto, 72
Staying in the heart of Rome. Offering a sumptuous marble lobby and elegant Art Deco style, the Regina Baglioni Hotel awaits you ...
Complesso Termale Vescine
Hotel, spa and restaurant - Spa CentreSuio
- via delle Terme, 417
Located on a lush hill near the Garigliano River, outside Castelforte, the Spa Complex Vescine offers Wi-Fi in public areas, ...
Grand Hotel delle Terme
Wellness hotel with a restaurantSciacca AG
- via Nuove Terme, 1
The Grand Hotel Terme di Sciacca is set on along the most charming coast of western Sicily, in 500 meters from the historic center of ...
Spa hotel and restaurantColle Isarco
- Pflerscherstr. 2
Situated in the village of Colle Isarco, a short distance from the ski area Ladurns, Hotel Erna offers a tennis court, rooms with a view ...
Health and Wellness