Aci Sant'Antonio (CT)
Region: Sicily - Italy
|VAT number||: 00410340871|
|Postal Code||: 95025|
|Istat code||: 087005|
|Cadastral code||: A029|
|number Population||: 18.052 (01-01-2017 - Istat)|
|asl||: 302 mt.|
|Sq km area.||: 14,33|
|name of the inhabitants||: santantonesi|
Municipal offices / Town hall:
- Mayor Aci Sant'Antonio and city administration
- Registry office - Technical Office - Cadastre IMU TASI
- City Council - Data elections
City Hall Address
Via Regina Margherita, 8
++39 095 7010011
++39 095 7891424
Email PEC: email@example.com
Institutional website - http://www.comuneacisantantonio.gov.it
How to get:
GPS / Geographic coordinates of Aci Sant’Antonio
Latitude: 37.60617 - Longitude: 15.12595
GPS coordinates: 37°36'22.21" N - 15°07'33.42" E
Seismic and climatic classification
• Seismic classification updated in March 2015. (Source: Civil protection)
• "Climate zones" and "day grades" by: Table A attached to the DPR 412 / 93 updated at 31 October 2009. (Source: Authorities for electricity gas and water system)
City of Aci Sant'Antonio Metropolitan city of Catania - Italy)
Aci Sant'Antonio is a town of 18.052 inhabitants, located 302 meters above sea level in the Metropolitan City of Catania, its territory covers an area of 14,33 sq km.
It is said that Aci Aci Sant'Antonio and the other drew its origin from "Xiphonia", mysterious Greek city now all but disappeared; some say he was between the towns of Aci Castello and Aci Sant'Antonio.
The poets Virgil and Ovid gave rise to the myth of the foundation of the love story of a nymph named Galatea and a shepherd called Acis, and the Cyclops Polyphemus.
In Roman times there was a city called "Akis", which participated in the Punic Wars.
The year 1169 following a strong eruption, accompanied by strong earthquakes, the inhabitants left the coastal part and withdrew in these pleasant districts of rich forests and abundant timber; here gave life to the little village of Casalotto.
The village of "Casalotto" stood to the northwest from the current urban center of Aci Sant'Antonio.
Through a corporate structure representatives of "Casalotto" they met with representatives of neighboring communities to decide the fate of the area called "Jaci".
The village's history is closely linked to the fate of the close and great center called Acireale now until 1639.
Under Spanish rule, in fact, the internal struggles with neighboring Aquilia led the inhabitants of Casalotto and towns closest to ask the viceroy of Palermo separation from Aquilia Vetere; This was ratified in 1640 signed by the lieutenant Giannettino Doria Cardinal Archbishop of Palermo.
After several fights and confrontations, the now largest Aquilia separates into Aci Lower (Acireale) Aci Superiore (very large and bountiful City Jaci St. Anthony and St. Philip).
With the separation of Aci Aci Saints Antonio and Filippo incorporates different communities and today's neighboring towns like Aci Sant'Antonio, Aci Castello, Valverde, Viagrande, Aci Bonaccorsi, Aci Catena, Aci San Filippo extending up to Bongiardo (village of Santa Venerina) and Pisano (fraction of Zafferana).
Not being able to pay taxes, in 1644 the new City will be sold to the Massa family, the Family in 1645 1651 Diana and finally in the Riggio family under whose rule it remained for more than a century.
Stephen Riggio Santo Stefano, Prince of Campofiorito, obtained in 1672 the title of Prince of Aci SS. Antonio and Filippo.
He was responsible for the palaces of Aci Sant'Antonio Aci Catena and intended to be the most remarkable civil buildings of the two centers.
Stephen died, the investiture later passed to his nephew Stephen Riggio Saladin (1680), Luigi Riggio Branciforte (1704) and finally to Stephen Riggio Gravina (1758), whose death marks the end of the baronial domination.
In 1792 was established by public deed buys and the City of Aci SS. Antonio and Phil became a free town.
Approved and sanctioned the constitution of the Kingdom of Sicily, Aci Sant'Antonio is present in the "map" of Commons (1812) who were entitled to send a representative to the House of Commons.
Meanwhile, the continuous renewal of internal disagreements between Aci Sant'Antonio and San Filippo Aci Catena in 1826 determined by decree of Francis I, the establishment of two municipalities: that of Aci Sant'Antonio in particular was composed by the neighborhoods of Aci Sant'Antonio and Valverde and the villages of Maugeri, Carminello, Casalrosato, Fontana, morions, Belfiore, Lavinaio and Monterosso.
On the same date the villages of Pisano and Bongiardo removed at Aci Sant'Antonio passed to the new common day Zafferana.
Last note to add is the detachment and the establishment of the municipality of Valverde on April 14 1951.
"The Italian text is taken from:
- Wikipedia (Creative Commons)