Region: Sardinia - Italy
|Tax code||: 00520370925|
|Postal Code||: 09020|
|Istat code||: 092014|
|Cadastral code||: C882|
|number Population||: 843 (01-01-2017 - Istat)|
|asl||: 249 mt.|
|Sq km area.||: 20,80|
|name of the inhabitants||: collinesi or forresus|
Photo Gallery (2)
- Mayor Collinas and city administration
- Registry office - Technical Office - Cadastre IMU TASI
- City Council - Data elections
City Hall Address
Piazza Gian Battista Tuveri, 5
+39 070 9304003
+39 070 9304242
Email PEC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Institutional website - http://www.comune.collinas.vs.it
How to get:
GPS / Geographic coordinates of Collinas
Latitude: 39.64277 - Longitude: 8.841388
GPS coordinates: 39°38'33.97" N - 08°50'29" E
Seismic and climatic classification
• Seismic classification updated in March 2015. (Source: Civil protection)
• "Climate zones" and "day grades" by: Table A attached to the DPR 412 / 93 updated at 31 October 2009. (Source: Authorities for electricity gas and water system)
City of Collinas (Province of Sud Sardegna - Italy)
Collinas is a town of 843 inhabitants, located 249 meters above sea level in the Province of South Sardinia, its territory covers an area of 20,80 sq km.
Collinas - Forru
Encased in a valley crowned by hills, the small town has deep roots.
Undoubtedly nuragiche seen that its territory it is dotted patchy.
Uncertain origin of its name, according to some scholars, the word derives from the Phoenician Forru For that would mean the garden; according to others would instead be connected to the nuraghe Genna Maria that stands on the hill where archaeological research has found the first metals were to be merged.
In support of this hypothesis, the saying goes Genna Maria fumat but not codit breads (Genna Maria smokes but does not bake bread).
The final assumption on the name of the little village, that in 1863 was changed to Collinas, is to be traced back to the Roman period: Forum, market.
Like all small towns of Marmilla also Forru-Collinas followed the events related to the court of Arborea, included in curatoria of Part Montis, which represented one of the most vital centers.
Dropped the court of Arborea, the town was annexed to the county of Quirra (1478) and then move to the House of Nules in the 1504 and 1675 the Duke of Candia Francis Borgia.
By Borgia is passed then to the Cueva Castelvì Osorio.
Finally the Carroz with which closes the feudal period.
It begins the modern history of Forru-Collinas.
It is a story in capital letters, especially as regards the Risorgimento with forrese, Giovanni Battista Tuveri, wing leading exponent Republican-federalist.
The town, which developed in its present form in the Middle Ages, presents itself to the visitor industriousness of its inhabitants, good taste and the deep religiosity that is manifested in its monuments made especially during the seventeenth century.
Historically the first Parish Collinas was the Church of San Sebastiano.
The expansion of the village has led, in the sixteenth century, the building up of the parish dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel; many valuable works of art kept in it.
Other monuments on which focuses the collinese spirituality are the church of San Rocco, built in the late '600 to ingratiate the favors of the saint against the terrible scourge of the plague and the country church, with attached sacred grove, Santa Maria Angiargia.
The territory covered by beautiful greenery, the historic center with its local stone buildings, archaeological sites make this village an interesting occasion of visit for tourists who want to tie to their excursions Culture, Archaeology and Environment.
The text in Italian
Putzolu Gilbert - B & B Villa Serena
Photo by: Cau Mattia