Region: Sardinia - Italy
|Tax code||: 00458060928|
|Postal Code||: 09031|
|Istat code||: 092001|
|Cadastral code||: A359|
|number Population||: 6.333 (01-01-2017 - Istat)|
|asl||: 311 mt.|
|Sq km area.||: 267,20|
|name of the inhabitants||: arburesi|
Photo Gallery (1)
- Mayor Arbus and city administration
- Registry office - Technical Office - Cadastre IMU TASI
- City Council - Data elections
City Hall Address
Via 20 Settembre, 27
+39 070 7738680
+39 070 7771730
Email PEC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Institutional website - http://www.comunediarbus.gov.it
How to get:
GPS / Geographic coordinates of Arbus
Latitude: 39.52693 - Longitude: 8.600337
GPS coordinates: 39°31'36.95" N - 08°36'1.21" E
Seismic and climatic classification
• Seismic classification updated in March 2015. (Source: Civil protection)
• "Climate zones" and "day grades" by: Table A attached to the DPR 412 / 93 updated at 31 October 2009. (Source: Authorities for electricity gas and water system)
City of Arbus (Province of Sud Sardegna - Italy)
Arbus is a totally coastal mountain town of 6.333 inhabitants, located 311 meters above sea level in the Province of South Sardinia, its territory covers an area of 267,20 sq km.
Arbus It is a town province of South Sardinia.
Agro-pastoral center known for the seaside resorts of the Costa Verde and for the fraction of ingurtosu (whose abandoned mines are part of the historical and environmental geominerary park of Sardinia), is a popular tourist destination during the spring and summer.
The main beach, that of Pools, includes one of the systems of largest dunes in Europe.
La area of Arbus it can be identified in the south-western part of Sardinia and consists of a group of mountain ranges that culminate in the south with the Mount Linas (1.236 m asl) and to the north with the Monte Arcuentu (785 m asl).
The municipal territory of Arburese extends for 26.716 hectares and is the third of Sardinia by surface, second only to those of the municipalities of Sassari and Olbia.
Located on the southwest coast, it makes up with the Capo Frasca, the extreme south of the Gulf of Oristano.
Located downstream of the pass Genna 'and Frongia, is surrounded by a beautiful setting of mountains and a lush pine forest.
The mountain chain of Mount Arcuentu and the surrounding mountains are part of the territory, which divide the Middle Campidano from the sea; a hilly sector intermediate with the mining areas of ingurtosu, Montevecchio e Gennamari, which slopes towards the sea; the coastal strip that stretches for about 47 km in length, from Capo Frasca to the north, up to Pecora head to the south and includes the Costa Verde located between Pools e Funtanazza.
A Arbus e Pistis the coast is mostly low and sandy.
A Pools and Scivu is one of the few existing deserts in Europe, with sandy dunes that reach a height of about 100 m, or the highest dunes in Europe.
A Capo Pecora the coast is rocky, rich in granite rocks.
The Arburese hinterland is rich in mining areas, ancient memory of the main economic activity of the place: the area has always been known as a mining site, already exploited by the Phoenicians and, became an industrial area, was transformed into an area of urban settlement for all those who worked in the mines.
The main tourist activity is the seaside resort, taking advantage of the different locations located along the 40 km of coastline.
However, since there is not a massive anthropization, it is limited mainly to bathing, as large accommodation facilities are lacking.
However, the presence of bed and breakfast side by side agritourism inland next to the coast.
The particular natural environment, however, allows the opportunity for the development of the hiking activities and of campground.
The high environmental value is evidenced by the presence of 6 Sites of Community interest it's a WWF Oasis.
The dismantling of the mining complex has also led to the development of tourism linked to industrial archeology in these areas, even in less favorable seasons.
These territories are part of the Historical and environmental geominerary park of Sardinia.
Monuments and places of interest
- Church of San Sebastiano martyr
- The church of the Blessed Virgin of Itria
- The church of Santa Barbara
- Old town hall
- The historic Elementary School in Piazza San Lussorio
Among the most important squares in the country must surely be reported:
- Piazza Immacolata (better known as Pratz'e Cresia from the toponym in Sardinian language, also translated in Piazza di Chiesa)
- Piazza San Lussorio (or Piazza di Scuola)
- Piazza Mercato or Pratza de Sa Panga
- Tomb of the Giants of Bruncu Espis
- Nuraghe Cugui
- Nuraghe Narocci (or Cancedda)
In the municipal territory of Arbus there are the following abandoned mines:
- Gennamari mine (or Gennemari)
- Ingurtosu mine
- Montevecchio mine
- Mine of Perda S'Oliu
- S'Acua Bona mine
- Scivu mine
- Zurufusu mine
- Knife Museum
- Montevecchio mineralogical museum
- Multimedia Museum of Po Gal in Ingurtosu
- Antonio Corda Ethnographic Museum
- "Sanna-Castoldi" Collection Museum
- Museum of dioramas in Montevecchio
- Feast of St. Anthony
- Feast of Sant'Antonio Abate with the ignition of the bonfire the 17 January, while the 20 January take place the sober c
- Celebrations of the patron saint San Sebastiano and that of
- Feast of San Lussorio
- Festival of the Black sheep of Arbus
- Veal festival
Text taken from:
- Wikipedia (Creative Commons)
Photo by: Vincenzo Manca
villages and localities of the City of Arbus
Ingurtosu, Montevecchio, Sant'Antonio di Santadi, Gennamari, Torre dei Corsari, Pistis, Gutturu Flumini, Funtanazza,Case Puxeddu,Portu Maga, Porto Palma, Bau (Is Arenas), Pitzinurri, Naracauli, Sa Perda Marcada, Bidderdi